Mike has had a long and varied career in IT including nearly ten years as Local Government Director, CIO and Information Governance leader. He has significant experience:
- in Information Governance, Data Protection and Cyber Security
- as a Programme and Project Director/Manager
- as an interim Director/Manager
- in stakeholder engagement
- in leading large multi-disciplinary teams applying technology to deliver great outcomes
- in delivering complex ICT infrastructure programmes and projects
- in delivering complex Digital Transformation programmes and projects
- in building and transforming IT departments and directorates
As a former leader in information governance and data protection, he is ideally placed to advise and assist organisations that want to:
- Understand and comply with their information related legal obligations
- Ensure that their cyber security measures are aligned with their continuity plans to create resilience throughout their business.
Mike is a dedicated business improvement specialist and strategic thinker with significant strategic, operational, programme and leadership experience. He has a track record in delivering transformational technology programmes in the UK and internationally, with a reputation for significantly improving performance and creating outcome driven teams that deliver significant business benefits and improved customer outcomes.
He is pragmatic and offers straightforward, practical advice which helps organisations to manage technology and information related business risks. He has a reputation for having an eye for detail while also keeping the big picture in sharp focus. He can let you concentrate on your core business by providing you with strategic guidance, management and support that is pragmatic, well designed, straightforward and cost effective.
Mike has a 2:1 BSc (hons) in IT and Computing and is a Chartered IT Professional member of the British Computer Society, and the Institution for Engineering and Technology. In his spare time, he is Chair of Governors for a Secondary School in Lancashire and enjoys giving public service as a member of his local Rotary Club.